wedding wide angleWedding Enquiries


Congratulations on your engagement and decision to get married! This is an exciting time for you and your fiancée, we hope that the information on this page will help you in the planning of your wedding as you start this exciting journey together.

Download our Wedding Information Leaflet here.

Who can marry here?   If you or your fiancée live in the Parish of Buckingham it is normally possible for your marriage to take place in St. Peter and St. Paul's, Buckingham. If you don't live in Buckingham you will need to prove a link with the Parish (perhaps having lived in Buckingham previously or having parents resident here - click here for the full list of qualifying connections). If you can't prove a link, don't have one, or if either you or your fiancée are a foreign national you will need a special license in order to be married at BPC. click here for more information.

WeddingRe-marriage after Divorce. The Church of England believes that marriage is a lifelong commitment of a man and a woman to each other. If either you, or your fiancée, has been divorced it is usually not possible for you to be remarried in the Church of England, however each case is looked at individually, and remarriage is possible is some cases and only when the couple regularly attends our parish church. Please read this leaflet from the Church of England carefully, the leaflet also contains a form which you may be asked to fill in. What is far easier and very similar is a Service of Blessing (following a civil marriage) and we are always delighted to bless such marriages in a way that couples find meaningful and uplifting.

We cannot offer a wedding if this relationship was the cause of the previous ones to break down, if there are children who are not being properly supported, or if it is a cause of real scandal.

Marriages of Same-Sex Couples.  The Church of England is not allowed to marry same-sex couples. 
Marriage Preparation.   Due to the high regard in which the church holds marriage, and after you have confirmed your marriage date with us, we expect every couple to do a short marriage preparation course (normally one day) which will help to better prepare you and your fiancée for your new life together. 

Getting Married elsewhere and need a 'Banns Certificate'?  If you need a banns certificate for a marriage taking place elsewhere you can download an application form here (NB this is ONLY if you are getting married elsewhere) and then just email it to the office and someone will be in touch. Be sure to leave plenty of time (i.e. at least 3 months before the wedding day).

Further information and Costs
Please click on the links below for further information on each subject.
  • Information on the audio and video recordings of services is here.
  • The options for flowers are here.
  • General information can be found here.
  • To download a copy of the Terms & Conditions of marrying in the Buckingham Benefice click here
  • If you are looking for a photographer, we can recommend Mike Kirby - see his website here.

  • Please note we are unable to hold a wedding ceremony during and after Easter Holy week, or on any Sunday throughout the year.


If you would like to make an initial enquiry or have any wedding questions, your first point of contact is the Wedding Coordinator, Sue Fox, on  Alternatively, you can complete this form: